MEDIA, PRESS & SOCIAL
PHONE, EMAIL, SCHEDULE
Over 29 Years Of Success
Dave Young, president of Paragon Wealth Management, understands how difficult it can be to find an investment firm. He tried to find one in the mid-1980s, but none fit the bill. He wanted to find a company that would invest the money he earned from selling more than a dozen of his businesses. He wasn’t willing to risk his life savings following the traditional buy-and-hold programs promoted by most investment firms.
Dave took the next year off to research various investment and money management strategies. In 1986, he started what is now called Paragon Wealth Management (formerly called The Center for Financial Excellence) and began investing his life savings to test his methods. In the early years of his business, he built and tested basic quantitative models that determined when to be in or out of the equity markets. He did this through trial, error and extensive research. The models measured, monitored, adjusted and changed the investments as market conditions changed.
At first he managed his own accounts, as well as the accounts of a few friends and family members. When he avoided the 1987 stock market crash, his methods sparked interest and attracted clients. In 1993, Dave registered Paragon with the Securities Exchange Commission, added staff, and began attracting clients with larger portfolios. He built more sophisticated and complex quantitative models to determine when to move between various sectors, styles and markets. Portfolio allocations were based around short-term, intermediate and long-term models.
Dave’s investment management venture has not only benefited his family and friends, but has helped clients provide the best for their families.
The success of Paragon’s management style has attracted local and national attention. Paragon has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Money magazine, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, Business Week, Investment News, Dow Jones Newswire, Money Management Executive, Trader Monthly, Advising Boomers, Investment Management Weekly, and various Utah publications. Dave has also appeared on CNBC.
Paragon has received numerous awards for their services. Below is a list of the awards Paragon has received:
- 2016, Best of State, Investment Advisory Services
- 2016, Best of Utah Valley, #1 Investment Firm
- 2015, Advisors With Heart Award, Wealth Management Magazine
- 2015, Best of State, Investment Advisory Services
- 2015, Best of Utah Valley, Investment Firms
- 2015, Investment News Top Investment Advisor
- 2014, Best of State, Investment Advisory Services
- 2014, National Association of Board Certified Advisory Practices, Premier Advisor Award
- 2013, Best of State, Investment Advisory Services
- 2013, NABCAP Premier Advisor Award
- 2012, Top 50 Fastest Growing Registered Investment Advisory Firms, Nationally
- 2012, Best of State, Investment Advisory Services
- 2012, NABCAP Premier Advisor Award
- 2012, Best of Utah Valley, Investment Firms
- 2011, Best of State, Investment Advisory Services
- 2011, NABCAP, Premier Advisor Award
- 2010, Top Wealth Manager Award
- 2010, NABCAP Premier Advisor Award
- 2008, Top Wealth Manager Award
- 2008, Best of State, Financial Services
- 2008, Small Business of the Year Award from the Provo/Orem Chamber of Commerce